Can my dentist give me braces?
Not all dentists are qualified to treat orthodontic concerns. While many dentists offer clear aligner options for straightening teeth they do not always have the advanced training needed to address complex bite issues. Choosing a dentist with proper orthodontic training helps to ensure that patients receive treatment that addresses both the cosmetic and functional aspects of orthodontic concerns.
Does Dr. Rever have orthodontic training?
Yes! Dr. David Rever is a family dentist with advanced training in orthodontic treatment from The International Association of Orthodontics. The completion of this two-year program makes Dr. Rever uniquely qualified to provide orthodontic services to patients in Silver Spring, MD. Dr. Rever has a thorough understanding of complex orthodontic concerns and provides a full range of orthodontic treatments to bring oclussion to the patient’s bite.
Orthodontic Treatment Silver Spring, MD
Orthodontic treatment is not a one-size-fits-all solution to crooked teeth or bite alignment. Patients require a personalized orthodontic treatment plan that will be designed to address their underlying functional concerns in order to allow for lasting and effective treatment. Dr. Rever works with patients to tailor orthodontic treatment to their dental concerns, cosmetic goals and that fits within their budget. Dr. Rever will discuss all options with each patient, so that they may make an informed decision about their oral health.
- Braces: Traditional braces use metal brackets attached to the teeth and by wires. The wires are gradually tightened, forcing teeth into proper alignment.
- Ceramic braces: Ceramic braces are similar in design to metal braces but the brackets are colored to blend with the teet for a more discreet option.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces use metal brackets that attach to the back side of the tooth. Lingual braces are highly discreet, most people will not be able to see the brackets at all.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign is an innovative clear braces treatment that uses custom-designed aligners. Patients wear a series of aligners in succession, each set is designed to comfortably shift teeth into alignment.
- Fast Braces®: A patented orthodontic device that utilizes special brackets and wires to rapidly realign the roots and crowns of the teeth.
- ClearCorrect™: Similar to Invisalign, ClearCorrect is a clear aligner orthodontic system that straightens teeth in a discreet way.
- Six Month Smiles®: A cosmetic braces system that utilizes tooth-colored wires and clear brackets to straighten teeth in six months.
Complimentary Orthodontic Consultation
It is never too late to correct crooked teeth or realign your bite. Dr. Rever provdies orthodontic treatment to children and adult patients. Dr. Rever offers complimentary orthodontic consultations in our Silver Spring dentist office.
We welcome new patients of all ages and offer individualized care for all of your oral health needs in one convenient location that serves many local communities including Burtonsville, Laurel, Colesville and Columbia, MD.