Comprehensive Care for Orthodontic Concerns in Silver Spring
Straighten your teeth and address concerns with the function and comfort of your bite. Dr. David Rever provides a unique blend of general dentistry and modern orthodontics. We can help you maintain the health of your smile while monitoring and providing treatments for orthodontic problems. As an experienced dentist and trained in orthodontics, Dr. Rever can provide care that is holistic in nature. He transforms your smile while also improving your oral health and wellness.
Why Choose Us for Your Orthodontic Care?
Dr. David Rever has been serving patients in our community for more than 30 years. He offers patients orthodontic treatment options as a Silver Spring dentist and orthodontist.
Dr. Rever has completed the International Association for Orthodontics (IAO) two-year thorough orthodontic training program. He served as the Mid-Atlantic IAO board representative, and is now the president. A pledge to continuing education keeps him current on the newest orthodontic systems and software. He uses modern techniques and appliances.
Dr. Rever offers individual orthodontic care for children, teens, and adults. He can help you or your child achieve a healthier, beautiful smile with the right treatment choice. The range of choices you have today can shorten your treatment time with better results. For example, the use of clear aligners for teens and adults is an effective way to address both cosmetic and occlusion problems. Even after previous orthodontic care, Dr. Rever is able to address your orthodontic relapse issues.
- Early Treatment
- Adult Orthodontics
- Clear Correct
- Invisalign Teen
- Post Orthodontic Care
- Taking Care of Braces
Orthodontics: What Can We Fix?
Orthodontics can address cosmetic concerns, realign the bite, and fix different types of malocclusion. Such as:
- Excess Spacing or crowding: Spacing or crowding could mean there is too little or too much room between the teeth.
- Overjet: The upper, front teeth protrude past the lower, front teeth. Sometimes dentists call this state “buck teeth”.
- Misplaced midline: A state where the front of the upper and lower teeth center lines don’t quite align.
- Overbite: The upper teeth have excess vertical overlap, thereby covering the bottom teeth. In severe cases, the bottom teeth will begin to touch the roof of the mouth.
- Open bite: The upper and lower teeth have no vertical overlap.
- Underbite: The lower front teeth protrude past the upper front teeth.
An uneven bite often prevents the teeth from making proper contact. This can lead to worn teeth, damaged teeth, and bite problems. For this reason, most orthodontists suggest early treatment for children with jaw structure abnormalities and malocclusion. This will create a healthier base as the adult teeth erupt.
Orthodontics can treat the effects of thumb sucking and other oral-related habits as well. These habits can adversely affect tooth development in growing children. Myofunctional habits like thumb sucking and other oral habits can affect the way teeth grow, as well as speech. Dr. Rever will track your child’s oral health as they grow. He will give fitting advice to make sure that your child will enjoy a healthy and functional smile in the long run.
Orthodontics Treatment Options
Dr. Rever offers all types of orthodontic treatments, from traditional metal braces to clear aligners from Invisalign®. He sees patients of all ages, including adolescents and adults. He will evaluate all aspects of your bite and dental health and discuss your cosmetic concerns. Dr. Rever will work with you to decide the best treatment option for your unique dental health needs and cosmetic goals.
The length of your treatment time will depend on the type of braces you need and the severity of your concerns. For some patients, treatment may be as short as a few months. During the treatment planning process, Dr. Rever will discuss all aspects of your orthodontic care, including a timeline and what to expect.
- Braces: These are metal brackets and wires that treat more serious cases of malocclusion.
- Ceramic braces: The ceramic braces mimic the design of metal braces, but the brackets are white or clear. This makes it easier for braces to blend in with teeth, and are nearly invisible.
- Lingual braces: The lingual braces are metal brackets, but they are located on the back of teeth. One of the most unnoticed orthodontic treatment options.
- Invisalign®: A custom-made series of invisible plastic aligners to treat mild to moderate cases of crooked teeth. It can also fix crowded, protruding, and unevenly spaced teeth, as well as bite problems.
- Fast Braces®: A patented orthodontic device that uses special brackets and wires. It rapidly realigns the roots and crowns of the teeth.
- ClearCorrect™: Similar to Invisalign, ClearCorrect is a clear aligner orthodontic system that straightens teeth in a discreet way.
- Six Month Smiles®: A cosmetic braces system that uses tooth-colored wires and clear brackets to straighten teeth in six months.
Schedule A Complimentary Consultation
To learn more about how orthodontic treatment can improve your long-term dental health, schedule a free orthodontic consult. Dr. David Rever is accepting new patients in his Silver Spring dentist office.
Dr. Rever works with you on an individual basis to achieve a mouth that feels as good as it looks. You will have a smile that you are proud to share with others each day. We welcome patients of all ages! Get dental care for all of your oral health needs in one convenient location. We serve many local communities including Burtonsville, Laurel, Colesville, and Columbia, MD. To schedule a visit to our orthodontic practice, contact us at (301) 637-0960, or request an appointment online.