Do you hide your smile because of crooked teeth? Do you suffer from an uncomfortable bite or jaw pain?
Many adults could benefit from orthodontic treatment, even if you had braces as a child. The many advances in technique, materials and the growth of invisible braces enables adult patients to address a wide range of dental health concerns. Address bite problems and cosmetic goals with discreet, comfortable and efficient orthodontic care.
Silver Spring orthodontist Dr. David Rever works with adult patients on an individual basis to determine the most suitable solution for your oral health needs. Treatment options can range from traditional metal braces in cases of complex problems, to several types of invisible braces. Dr. Rever will meet with you to evaluate all aspects of your bite, dental health, and discuss your cosmetic dental goals. The goal of your treatment is to restore a natural, balanced bite that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Adult Orthodontics in Silver Spring
Orthodontics for adults can straighten crooked teeth, address bite concerns, and realign teeth that have shifted after previous treatment. A straighter smile is also a healthier smile. Reduce the risk of developing a range of common dental concerns and support your long term dental health. Depending on your needs, treatment options can include:
- Metal braces: used to correct more complex tooth misalignment and bite problems, these consist of the traditional metal brackets and wires visible on the front of the teeth.
- Clear braces: there are several types of invisible braces available that can reposition the teeth for mild to moderate concerns or cosmetic goals. Clear braces will be an invisible version of traditional brackets and wires, placed on the front of the teeth for more discreet treatment.
- Clear aligners: aligners will fit over the teeth much like a mouth guard, providing the most discreet orthodontic treatment for mild to moderate concerns. Dr. Rever offers Clear Correct and is a Silver Spring Invisalign® provider. These clear aligner systems offer relatively fast treatment times with great cosmetic results.
- Lingual braces: these are similar in structure to traditional metal braces but are attached to the back of the teeth to make your treatment “invisible”.
- Functional Orthodontics: fixed or removable oral appliances that change the structure of the jaw or palate to allow for a more comfortable and healthy bite. These are often used in addition to braces for treatment that is comprehensive and will provide lasting results.
You can maintain your beautiful new smile for years to come with the daily use of a retainer. Dr. Rever will discuss the right type of retainer and offers instructions on how best to keep your smile looking its best.
Schedule A Complimentary Consultation
Dr. Rever welcomes new adult patients seeking orthodontic care as well as comprehensive general, cosmetic or restorative dental care. Our Silver Spring dentist office serves many local area including Laurel, Burtonsville, Colesville and Columbia, MD. To schedule your complimentary consultation contact us at (301) 637-0960 or request an appointment online.