Tooth BondingAn Overview
We offer a number of cosmetic and restorative treatments to repair damaged teeth. Otherwise, seemingly minor chips or fractures could soon increase the risk of serious complications, including tooth decay and infection. In addition, you may feel self-conscious about stains or gaps between your teeth. Fortunately, we can use a single visit procedure to help repair a tooth.
Dental bonding can help patients restore teeth that have been cracked, chipped, or damaged from decay. Dr. David Rever has over 30 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry and is committed to restoring your smile.
Dental bonding is composed of a composite resin that replaces your missing tooth structure. Dr. Rever uses composite resin due to its ability to match the natural tooth and its durability. With skill and expertise, Dr. Rever can color match and bond the composite resin onto the tooth, creating a natural looking result. Although dental bonding is not a permanent solution, it can last for years with proper care. It is a great solution for teens and children, who are still growing and may look for a more permanent solution, such as porcelain veneers, in a few years.
Tooth Bonding What to Expect
What is Tooth Bonding?
Tooth bonding is a cosmetic procedure that employs the same composite resin we use for metal-free white fillings. The material can be shaded to help the material better blend with your smile. After cleaning the tooth, we will gently etch it, allowing the material to adhere to the tooth until it cures under a special light. As the bonding cures we will sculpt and mold the tooth. Finally, the tooth is polished for a lifelike appearance. The entire procedure takes just a single visit.
Problems Dental Bonding can Address
- Stained Teeth: We can use the procedure to mask permanent teeth stains, also known as intrinsic stains, which often don’t respond to traditional teeth whitening. Intrinsic discoloration can be the result of injury, fluorosis, or tetracycline use at a young age.
- Chipped Teeth: We often use the procedure to repair chipped teeth.
- Gaps Between Teeth: We also close unsightly gaps between teeth.
- Misshapen Teeth: The material not only fixes chipped teeth, but also allows our team to completely reshape misshapen or worn down teeth.
- Misalignment: We can sometimes use bonding to correct the appearance of minor misalignment.
Most patients can receive dental bonding in just one visit to our Silver Spring dentist office. First, Dr. Rever will clean your tooth surface. An acidic gel will then be applied. Once the acidic gel is cleaned off, Dr. Rever will implement the composite resin, creating a strong, natural looking finish. A special light will cure your new dental bond. Dr. Rever will then skillfully shape the material to match your existing teeth. Once completed, you will have a healthy, bright looking smile. Schedule a consultation online today.