For many teens, the prospect of wearing braces can cause stress and anxiety over their appearance. If your teen is not fully engaged with the process, results may not meet expectations due to a lack of compliance during and after treatment. The evolution of invisible braces has changed that for many teen orthodontic patients, making it possible for them to achieve a beautiful, healthier smile with treatment that is discreet, comfortable and relatively quick.
Silver Spring dentist Dr. David Rever is a highly trained orthodontist with over 30 years of experience straightening smiles for patients of all ages. Dr. Rever is a local Invisalign® provider serving Laurel, Burtonsville, Colesville, Columbia and many other communities. As a family dentist, Dr. Rever offers the added convenience of meeting all of your oral health needs under one roof.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
Orthodontic treatment with clear aligners can provide several key benefits for teen patients:
- Clear aligners are easily removed for eating the foods you love and daily oral hygiene
- Smooth material that does not irritate the gums and soft tissues of the mouth
- Snug fitting aligners will not interfere with your favorite activities, including contact sports and playing a musical instrument
- Invisible braces- no one has to know you are wearing braces as you gently reposition your teeth for a beautiful new smile
- No sudden dental office visits for broken wires or damaged brackets
What if an aligner gets lost or misplaced? Invisalign®teen includes free replacement of up to 6 aligners.
What To Expect
Once Dr. Rever has determined that Invisalign teen is right for you, dental impressions will be taken and your custom aligners will be ordered. The number of aligners and length of your treatment will depend on the severity of your dental concern and cosmetic goals. Typically, aligners will be changed out every couple of weeks and treatment lasts about a year.
It is important to wear a retainer as directed after your treatment is complete to maintain your beautiful, new smile for years to come.