At Advanced Total Dental Care, we’re true to the total in our name. Dr. David Rever isn’t just a dentist in Silver Spring, MD. He also provides comprehensive orthodontic care. Dr. Rever is currently serving as the President of the International Association for Orthodontics (IAO) and has completed its two-year comprehensive training program. If you need orthodontic treatment, you’re in good hands at Advanced Total Dental Care.
Dr. Rever’s Orthodontic Background
Prior to serving as President for the IAO, Dr. Rever served as the Mid-Atlantic board representative. His commitment to IAO and continuing his education in the field of orthodontics means that he’s always up to date in the latest best practices and technology. Dr. Rever has been practicing orthodontics and continuing to evolve with the field for over 30 years.
At his practice, he can treat orthodontic issues for patients of all ages. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a child or an adult. With all of the advancements available today, Dr. Rever can also plan to try to get your treatment done as quickly as possible. Invisible braces are available for cosmetic issues. Dr. Rever can also treat orthodontic relapse if your orthodontic work from before has failed.
Orthodontic Treatment Options
Dr. Rever will use his years of experience to evaluate your condition. He’ll look at your bite, oral health, and the shaping of your teeth, while also taking into consideration your cosmetic goals. He’ll work with you and use his expertise to determine which treatment option is the best solution for your orthodontic issues. Available treatment options include:
- Traditional metal braces: These are what you normally think of when you think braces. They use metal brackets and wires for more severe malocclusion problems.
- Ceramic braces: Instead of metal brackets, ceramic braces utilize dental ceramic to make them blend in with your teeth more. Usually, they’re the color of teeth or clear.
- Lingual braces: While these use metal brackets like traditional braces, they’re placed on the back of the teeth instead of the front.
- Invisalign: Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners to straighten teeth. This is only for more cosmetic issues like crooked teeth and mild bite problems.
- ClearCorrect: Similar to Invisalign, ClearCorrect also uses clear plastic aligners to shift teeth.
- Fast Braces: This patented device uses unique brackets and wires to move roots and crowns of teeth as quickly as possible. Learn more about dental crowns.
- Six Month Smiles: A fully cosmetic option, they use tooth-colored brackets and wires over six months to straighten your teeth.
These techniques are used to correct everything from mildly crooked teeth to severe bite problems. These issues cause your bite and teeth to not line up properly. When your bite doesn’t align, it can lead to wear and damage to your teeth or further bite problems.
Orthodontics at Your Dentist in Silver Spring, Maryland
Dr. Rever’s host of experience and variety of knowledge make him a top choice to go to for orthodontics issues. If you want a straighter smile, call us today or schedule an appointment online!