Do you find that your gums bleed when you brush or floss your teeth? You may have gingivitis, a condition which precedes periodontitis. Gingivitis is gum swelling and periodontitis is gum disease. Gum swelling and other symptoms can lead to severe gum problems. At Advanced Total Dental Care, we are committed to providing high-quality dental care to patients of all ages. Dr. David Rever and his professional team work with patients to find the source of their problems and find effective solutions.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
Know the signs before problems worsen. There are multiple signs of gum disease to look out for, including:
- Bleeding Gums
- Receding Gums
- Loose Teeth
- Sore Gums
- Swollen Gums
It is important to treat gum disease at its earliest signs. Call Advanced Total Dental Care at (301) 637-0960 if you begin to notice any symptoms.
Periodontal Therapy and Gum Treatments
Before treatment, Dr. Rever will assess your teeth and gums as well as discuss your goals and budget with you. He may then recommend one or more of these treatments:
- Scaling and Root Planning: This method removes plaque and tartar from underneath gum tissue using ultrasonic instruments and hand scalers.
- Gum Grafting: If the advancement of gum disease is severe, it may be necessary to take gum tissue from a healthier part of your gums and implant it where necessary. This treatment can also treat deep pockets that can result in loose teeth.
- Periodontal Plastic Surgery: This is a reshaping procedure that changes the appearance of the gum tissue.
- Periodontal Laser Treatment: This treatment utilizes an advanced laser to remove diseased gum tissue. Patients may feel less discomfort and a lower likelihood of gum shrinkage with this procedure.
- Crown Lengthening Surgery: Crown lengthening surgery removes gum tissue to increase the length of the teeth. This surgery can also be performed for cosmetic reasons or to secure a dental crown.
Schedule an Appointment
Treat gum disease at the source. Call Advanced Total Dental Care at (301) 637-0960. You can also schedule an appointment online on our website. Dr. Rever and his team will work with you to find treatment that matches your specific needs.